Warehouse Stock Control Management
Our Warehouse Management System (WMS) tracks the inwards and outwards movements through a series of stock control reports. Our warehouse is fully zoned so we're able to pin point where goods are at any time.
Receiving goods in our warehouse
- When the goods arrive, a visual inspection is made of the cartons to ensure there was no damage incurred during or before shipment of the goods.
- If damage is found and it may have done damage to the goods, a photograph is taken as soon as possible. This evidence is emailed to the client, requesting instructions as to whether the goods are to be accepted or not.
- The quantities of cartons are checked against the delivery dockets and the marked internal quantities are checked against the delivery advices.
- Each item is allocated its own code and description for stock report and tracking purposes.
- Goods are then placed into the storage racking and the location and quantity advice is sent for computer entry of the location and quantity of stock.
- If the items are unusual in appearance, a photo of each item is taken and also recorded in the computer for possible future reference.
- It should be noted that existing codes and descriptions can be utilised in our Warehouse Management System to enable easy communication between CoPak and clients.
Warehouse Stock Takes and Inventory Management
When stock is received, it is always treated as FIFO (first in first out), this ensures that the freshest stock is always kept in store. If the stock has a use by date, this reference is used for FIFO. Batch number are also used if appropriate.
As stock is removed for delivery against orders, the computer adjusts the remaining stock levels. When the goods are placed into the racking or onto the storage shelving, another sight inspection is made. If there are goods found to be damaged during packing, shipping or badly inspected before shipment, the damaged quantity is recorded in the computer and stock levels adjusted.
Stock level reports - weekly or monthly
Stock level reports can be produced at any time, at the request of the client. Some clients have them sent weekly and some monthly. They can be sent at any time at the request of the client.
Some clients have requested their own entry into the area of stock levels in our software. This is available but no entry of information or change of information is available.
There are many benefits of warehouse stock takes and stock level reporting including the following:
- Immediate and accurate notification of stock on hand
- Eliminates wastage by reducing over ordering
- Restrictions can be placed on certain stock items eg. expensive premium items.
- "Just in time" ordering of materials
Contact CoPak to find out more about Warehouse Stock Control Management
Call 02 9604 6767 or email email@example.com